29 Aug How to choose the best clinical notes software in 2022.
Physiotherapists and other allied health professionals have long been using paper-based clinical notes to document patient care. However, with the advancement of electronic Clinical Notes, more and more clinicians are making the switch to electronic documentation in 2022.
There are many benefits of using electronic clinical note software over paper-based notes.
Every healthcare practitioner needs simple clinical notes software to streamline their workflow.
With the latest advancements in smartphones, tablets and software, medical professionals are seeing the practical benefits of replacing old methods of taking clinical notes, patient tracking and other administrative tasks with more streamlined solutions.
- Clinical notes software is far more efficient and easier to use than paper-based notes. With all the information at your fingertips, you can quickly and easily find the information you need without having to search through pages of handwritten notes.
- Electronic clinical notes are far more secure than paper-based notes. With electronic notes, you can password protect them so that only authorised personnel can access them. This is essential for protecting patient confidentiality.
- Electronic clinical notes are far more portable than paper-based notes. You can store all your patient information in the one place on your computer or iPad and take it with you wherever you go. This is especially handy if you need to see a patient outside of your clinic.
- Electronic clinical notes are far more accurate than paper-based notes. With electronic clinical notes, you can type in all the information accurately and quickly. There is no risk of losing or misplacing any information when you store it electronically.
Choosing the right clinical notes software for your practice is an important decision and picking the right one has the potential to not only improve your workflow but also your work satisfaction and business profit. If you are looking to make the upgrade to electronic notes software, where do you start?
What features should you consider when choosing clinical notes software?
The use of technology, especially mobile devices by clinicians and health care providers, is rapidly changing the way medical professionals manage their practice, their patients, note-taking and file storage.
If you’re looking clinical notes software in 2022, make sure you choose a provider that has a great platform and will be there for you every step of the way when you need support.
What to look for in clinical note software
Different healthcare fields and even practices within the same field have different methods of collecting and storing their clinical notes and other administrative tasks. This is why the ability to customise the end product is vital to Cliniknote’s goal – freeing up healthcare providers to spend more quality time with their patients. Do you have a particular set out or set of information you like for your clinical notes? Simply create custom templates for your note taking and admin tasks to help you save time every time you need to complete a task.
- Compatibility and ease of use
The last thing a healthcare provider needs is a system that ends up taking more time to learn and use than the last one. Cliniknote’s software was designed by clinic owners (rather than computer programmers) for clinic owners without the need to go back to school to learn how to use it. It is important to have clinical note software that is compatible across a number of devices to allow you to work on the go and rest assured that your work will be available between devices. Not only is Cliniknote built for iPad, but it’s also just as at home on a Mac or Windows computer as well while using WEB notes and management.
Information security and integrity is one of the most important aspects of the administrative tasks of any clinic owner or healthcare provider. Hard files can be damaged by the elements, more easily lost and tampered with than electronic clinical notes. Ensuring the clinical notes software you choose also has password protection and administrative backstops to prevent any unfinished notes clipping through the cracks at the end of a busy day is also imperative. With Cliniknote software, your data is encrypted with patient name to clinical data decentralised. Data is stored securely on Amazon servers locally as well as backed up to the cloud for extra peace of mind.
- Support you can count on
The last thing you want when integrating a new program into practice is to not have the support and back-up you need to use it to the maximum effect. The right clinical notes software provider for your practice will believe in their product and want you to have the best experience possible. This means providing informative content through their website with step-by-step guides on utilising the software to the full along with being there to discuss any other operational issues that occur.
ClinikNote is an intuitive and simple application that makes it easy to take clinical notes.
- Note taking tools: clinicians can use ClinikNote’s range of note taking tools to quickly and easily capture any important information
- Adding a body drawing template is easy
- Cliniknote SOAP progress note templates are easy to customise
- Auto-saving: notes are automatically saved as they are typed, so there is no need to worry about losing them
ClinikNote also allows clinicians to share notes with other practitioners, or export them into other formats for further analysis. This makes ClinikNote an ideal tool for collaborating with other health professionals or for tracking patient progress over time.
This is why the ability to customise the end product is vital to Cliniknote’s goal – freeing up healthcare providers to spend more quality time with their patients.
Do you have a particular drawing template or set out you like for your clinical notes? Simply create custom templates for your note taking and admin tasks to help you save time every time you need to complete a task.
We also know that changing processes and adopting new technology can be disruptive and take some time to get used to, which is why at Cliniknote we are offering a 30 day free trial in order to dip your toe into the world of electronic clinical notes. At the end of the 30 days we guarantee you’ll wonder how you ever lived without it.