30 Oct How to Easily Add Hand Drawing and Body Templates in Cliniknote
Cliniknote offers versatile iPad and web-based patient management software that’s well-suited for medical professionals, including physiotherapists, chiropractors, and doctors. One of its standout features is the ease with which you can add custom body drawing templates and hand drawing templates to your clinical notes.
A picture is often better than a thousand words when explaining medical conditions or treatment plans to patients. With our patient management software, medical drawings can be integrated seamlessly into clinical notes, enhancing patient-clinician communication.
Whether you’re looking to create easy drawing templates or require more complex medical drawings, Cliniknote has got you covered.
For those who are new to Cliniknote and want to create a SOAP progress form, you can find a step-by-step guide on our website.
Use Cases: Drawing Templates in Action
- Orthopaedics: Orthopaedic surgeons can use skeletal templates to discuss surgical plans with patients and their families.
- Physiotherapy: Physiotherapists can use body drawing templates to identify problem areas and track recovery progress over multiple sessions. These templates can be invaluable in conditions like sports injuries or chronic pain management.
- Paediatrics: Paediatricians can use simpler, child-friendly templates to make the consultation process less intimidating for children.
- Occupational Therapy: Occupational therapists can use hand and tool templates to discuss grip and manipulation exercises, aiding in the rehabilitation of hand injuries or conditions.
- Telehealth: Drawing templates can also be used in telehealth consultations for easier diagnosis and explanation of conditions remotely.
- Dermatology: Dermatologists can use templates to map skin conditions over time, offering a visual progress report for conditions like eczema, psoriasis, or melanoma.
- Educational Purposes: Medical educators can use drawing templates as teaching aids for both patients and medical students.
Treatment notes templates that support custom body charts mean that you can write text-based notes and you can draw on diagrams using an iPad, your finger, or a mouse!
Documenting injuries, Range of Motion (ROM) measurements, and patient progress over time becomes straightforward with Cliniknote’s drawing features.
Cliniknote also enables you to upload photos of your patients and annotate them with arrows, text, or a freehand pen. This is particularly useful for creating medical drawings that are easy to understand and share with your patients or medical team.
How do I add a drawing template to Cliniknote?
Adding a drawing template in Cliniknote is simple. After logging in and setting up your user profile, you can easily navigate to the dashboard, select ‘My Account’, and then click on ‘New Image Template’ to upload your custom drawing templates.
The uploaded templates should be in jpg, jpeg, or png formats. Cliniknote also supports multi-page drawing templates for those who require it.
Once your templates are uploaded, you can easily access them on the iPad app.
After selecting a patient and episode, you can add a new drawing note, which will provide you with a list of all your custom drawing templates.
I have uploaded a body chart template as a PNG file for you to get started with. Click the link and download it onto your computer to use as a New Image Template.
You can try out all these features and more with a Cliniknote free trial for 30 days. Setting up is quick and easy, usually taking less than 15 minutes. Or check out our long list of Patient Management Software features.
Whether you’re looking for a better way to keep track of your clinic data or want an easier way to engage with colleagues and patients, we think you’ll find that Cliniknote is the perfect solution.